Friday, August 7, 2009

Ziplock:

Small point of clarification (errata?): it is not the pages but the remaining paper, string and glue - from the spine - that have been carefully bagged.

The pages remain free - for now - in the open air and light.

You see how thorough and tidy I was in my dismembering? Nothing - not one bit of paper, string or glue - was wasted or left unaccounted for. This was no reckless stunt of mine - this dismembering and reading and handblogging of IJ. This was something serious. An act of love. Avril would be proud of me, I'm sure.

And perhaps Hal and DFW would laugh if one day Abbot you and I closed the door of my second floor office at 705 Carlaw which houses the Sacred Pages - and took the contents of the ziplock - so carefully and lovingly preserved - rolled it up in the finest paper - and smoked it.

I wonder what kind of trip that - especially the glue - would produce?

Would it take us to Don Gately's freezing, rainy beach? Would it let us spy the afterlife? Would it permit us to interface with the departed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surely You Jest...