Thursday, August 6, 2009

Page 969: Compassion, The Brothers Karamazov and Ativan (Note 384):

Ativan is a word that is part of my story too.

The autopsy showed traces of Ativan (Lorazepam) in my brother's system after his suicide. The coroner also gave me a copy of the Emerg paperwork which documented that prescription and noted his anxiety. The drug and his secret emerg visit - were small parts of a complex and hidden story which would only make some sense later.

Some sense.

Wonder what I'll conclude about DFW and IJ?

2 comments:

  1. Sad. Ativan's a sleeping pill, right? If so, your bro would be another person whose fragile mental state involved sleeping troubles. Seems very common.

    I have a book of poetry called "Night Thoughts." All poems to be read at night when sleep won't come. Everything from cheesy Poe all the way to some truly scary stuff...fascinating - but not a volume I pick up every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told not to take it unless absolutely needed as it is addictive. I keep a few around just in case. They work. Takes about an hour for it to kick in.

    ReplyDelete

Surely You Jest...