Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pages 3 - 4

The first chapter is entitled "Year of Glad". I guess it's a chapter. There's no number here. No number one for instance. And there is no table of contents.

Pages 3 and 4 - which are actually pages 1 and 2 - are about the admission of a tennis player, Harold Incandenza, into a university tennis program, on scholarship.
It is written in the first person. There is a lot of quirky, descriptive detail. The tone is - I don't know - ironic, sarcastic, weird?

Incandenza seems a very funny name to me.

I wonder why this is going to be the "year of glad"?

There - I've read a couple of pages. Only a thousand to go.

Atleast I don't have to lug that huge book around.

Hmm - I feel like taking a nap. Hey - IJ is not by my bed any more. It's in my office. I'll need to go there first and tear off a few pages to take to bed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surely You Jest...