Sunday, June 7, 2009

Helping Son "Write":

This is one of many reasons that I haven't been "reading" or handblogging Infinite Jest lately: being a father: chauffering kids around, doing "homework".

On top of this of course I have been using my precious time to blog soccerfootball, play canadiansport, pursue winedrinkingmoments around town and - of course - shag the Blonde Woman.

In the photo my son is writing his homework. Writing a response. For a grade 4 class.

We have written numerous versions of this response and my son has become visibly angry with the writing and with me.

Should I be encouraging him in this pursuit? Isn't writing dangerous? Doesn't writing put people over the edge?

Why on earth do people write? Why do they read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Surely You Jest...